Last Saturday, on January 31st, theMarseilles Naval Firemen Battalionstepped in to help put out a raging fire in the centre of town.Two people suffocating from the smoke fumes were evacuated and a tiny puppy was saved in the nick of time.
In a busy street in the centre of Marseille, a fire started on the first floor of an apartment building and quickly swept up an80m2flat.Less than five minutes after the first emergency call, three fire trucks arrived on the scene and the firefighters brought out a huge ladder.
But the firefighters got inside the apartment,and braving the flames, they managed to rescue the terrified puppy.Intoxicated by the smoke, the poor puppy was in a state of shock. So the firemen gave him a cardiac massage and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
The fire was finally extinguished after an hour. Thanks to these brave firemen, the fire claimed no victims, not onehuman norcanine.We'll let you watch the emotional rescue video here. Well done to the heroic naval firemen from Marseille for their amazing work!