In the morning of April 25, police officers inWest Yorkshire, UK, made a shocking discovery when they searcheda property.On entering the house, they discovered two very poorly five-week-oldkittens who had been completely covered in permanent marker.
The vets had to act as quickly as possible to remove the substance which was highly toxic.But it seemed like the two kittens knew they were finally in safe hands, as they were very calm whilst they got given baths to remove as much of the ink as possible.The feline victims of this horrific act of cruelty have since been named Shrek andSmurf.
This is a dreadful act of cruelty and who knows what untelling damage this may have caused.We have sought veterinary advice and I have just contacted the poisons unit to ascertain what would be safe to use on them to try to remove the ink.
Shrek and Smurf are having regular baths to slowly try and remove the ink from their fur.They are being fed lots of milk to give them strength, and of course, they're receiving lots of love and attention.Once they have fully recovered from their horrific "colouring in" ordeal, they will be put up for adoption.
To helpBradford Cat Watch Rescue with the funding for these kittens' recovery process,please click here.In the meantime, the police have launched an investigation to find the perpetrator of this horrific crime.
* * *
At Holidog, we aim to improve the lives of your furry friends. Enjoy your holidays with peace of mind, knowing your pet is in great hands (find a petsitter near you) and spoil them with our monthly subscription box filled with yummy treats and toys (get your free box here). You can count on us!