Dachshunds originally come from Germany where they were used to hunt badgers and other creatures that live in warrens. Today, their tiny legs and long body are easily recognizable and a source of humor for many. But be warned; they were bred to be tough enough to hunt down some of nature's most fearsome forest creatures and they really don't like being laughed at.Trust me - You definitely, absolutely should not adopt a demonic little dachshund. It could be the last thing you ever do.
1. They are truly ferocious
2. They can overpower you with a simple cuddle - but don't be fooled. They have ulterior motives
3. And those motives are world domination
4. They're so powerful that they can make any breed into a Dachshund - just ask this Pit Bull/Dachshund mix!
17. Think these two are peaceful hippies? Think again
18. We're serious. Whatever you do...
19. Never, EVER adopt a dachshund!
If you do decide that you want a dachshund, see if you can find one in a shelter before deciding to buy. You can find purebred dogs in shelters just like any other!If you want to get a sausage dog puppy, make sure that you don’t support the abusive puppy mill and backyard breeder industry by getting your new family member through a trusted breeder. Ethical breeders will want to meet you several times before they sell you a puppy, will let you see the puppy with their mom, brothers and sisters and will raise their dogs in a home environment.
* * *
At Holidog, we aim to improve the lives of your furry friends. Enjoy your holidays with peace of mind, knowing your pet is in great hands (find a petsitter near you) and spoil them with our monthly subscription box filled with yummy treats and toys (they're going to love it). You can count on us!