His name means little lion, but there’s nothing fierce about this dog breed. The Shih Tzu is a lover, not a hunter. Bred solely to be a companion, the Shih Tzu is an affectionate, happy, outgoing house-dog who loves nothing more than to follow his people from room to room.
Sounds great right? Don't be fooled by their fluffy exterior and puppy dog eyes for these pups are not to be messed with! Tempted to adopt one? Let us give you 15 reasons why this would be a VERY bad idea...
1. Think looking this beautiful comes easy? Think again.
2. They are ferocious beasts who don't know the meaning of the word fear.
3. That new car you can't wait to drive? It's theirs now...
4. Oh, and matching sweaters are a MUST.
5. As are adorable beach pics.
6. They are also a highly intelligent breed, and they know it too...prepare to feel inferior.
7. Mess? What mess...?
8. And whatever they are, they are definitely not cute...
9. Not at all...
10. They will most definitely rock a pair of sunglasses better than you too.
11. And only eat their food if you spoon-feed it to them...
12. They also expected to be pampered like the Kings and Queens they are...spa day anyone?
13. So whatever you're thinking of doing...
14. Don't ever...EVER...
15. Adopt a Shih Tzu.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhqDC7CHUrj/?tagged=shihtzuIf you do decide that you want a Shih Tzu, see if you can find one in a shelter before deciding to buy. You can find purebred dogs in shelters just like any other!If you want to get a Shih Tzu puppy, make sure that you don’t support the abusive puppy mill and backyard breeder industry by getting your new family member through a trusted breeder. Ethical breeders will want to meet you several times before they sell you a puppy, will let you see the puppy with their mom, brothers and sisters and will raise their dogs in a home environment.